EPF is rooted in the Employee’s Provident Funds Ordinance in 195, which was later replaced by the Employee’s Provident Fund Bill introduced in 1952. And now, this bill gives Employees financial support on their retirement days with the contribution of both the employers and employees.
EPFO Balance Check
Being informed is a good indicator of a good investor. Hence, to stay updated with your EPFO balance is essential. If you are well-informed then you can make effective financial decisions that will help you achieve your financial goals in your retirement days.
So, to check your EPFO balance you can use any given methods below:
- You can check your EPFO balance through the EPFO online portal.
- If you have the UMANG mobile application you can also check it through the mobile application.
- The EPFO balance info can be available if you do not have the UAN number through SMS and missed calls.
UAN is a unique identification number that employees get when they get enrolled in the EPF scheme. This unique identification number ensures the smooth operation of EPF services.
How to see your PF balance on the EPFO portal?
First, you should get your Universal Account number i.e. UAN activated by your employer to check the balance through the EPFO portal.
Now, to check your balance on the EPFO portal follow the below steps:
- Step 1: Go to the EPFO online portal.https://unifiedportal-emp.epfindia.gov.in/epfo/
- Step 2: Now, Log in to the portal with your UAN number and password.
- Step 3: Select the “Member ID” and you will see the “View Passbook” option, click on that.
- Step 4: Now after clicking, you will be directed to your EPFO account details and the balance of the account.
If you want, you can also download the passbook for hard copy or to keep a record of your balance.
Balance inquiry without UAN number
The EPFO account holder can check his/ her balance status through these three methods:
- Send an SMS to a phone number 7738299899. Follow this SMS Format: EPFOHO UAN<LAN>
Here the UAN number is your personal UAN number and LAN is the first three letters of the language you prefer such as ENG for English, BEN for Bengali, etc.
The languages that EPFO supports are Hindi, Bengali, English, Kannada, Malayalam, Punjabi, Gujarati, Telugu, and Tamil.
- You can give a missed call to the number 996044425 with the mobile number linked to the UPA portal when you have completed the (KYC) for your UAN. It will be free of cost as the phone will be automatically disconnected after two rings. After the missed call, the EPF account holder will get a text message with the EPFO balance and the information about the last transaction done in your EPFO account.
Balance Enquiry through the Umang mobile application
The Government of India taking steps towards the digital world launched a mobile application UMANG in 2017 to make it convenient for EPFO users to access details of their EPFO accounts.
The Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology has come up with this application called UMANG.
The app lets the users access their accounts anywhere anytime with a connection to the internet. The app can be downloaded from the Google Play store or the App Store of smartphones. You can complete the register on the app using your UAN registered mobile number.
Now, the step to check your balance status on the UMANG app follow the following steps:
- Step 1: First, you get yourself registered on the UMANG App.
- Step 2: Go to all services option, and select EPFO.
- Step 3: You will find View Passbook on Employee-centric services options.
Remember, EPFO registration of UAN is highly important for the EPFO inquiry and you can access your passbook only after six hours of your registration of the portal.
EPFO is a smart investment for your financial stability in your retirement days. You can ask your employer about the EPFO account as nowadays many companies provide provident fund services.
Remember it is essential to know your PF balance so, do check your EPFO balance once a month to know the last transaction in your EPFO account and to check the balance, so you can get an insight into your funds and plan your future use.
Go to investbihar Homepage To Get Relevant Content.