The government of India is continuously working for the welfare and empowerment of rural women in India. In the same context, the central government has launched a Ujjwala scheme to provide LPG cylinders to every rural household to improve the health of rural women as well as to safeguard the environment.
PM Ujjwala Yojana 2024
The Scheme has launched eight years ago, under the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas (MOPNG) to provide cooking fuel to every rural woman and eliminate the use of traditional methods of cooking such as coal, chulha, firwood, and cow dung cakes.
Because of traditional methods of cooking rural women endure many health issues that affect their health and daily lifestyle.
- Pradhan Mantri Surya Uday Yojana
- Bihar Kanya Utthan Yojana
- PM Kisan Status 2024
- PM Fiscal Bima Yojna
- Abua Awas Yojana
- PM Vishwakarma Yojana Online Apply
- beneficiary list for PM Kisan
|PM Ujjwala Yojana
|Swachh Indhan Behtar Jeevan
|1st May 2016.
|Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas (MOPNG)
|Uttar Pradesh, India
|1.6 crore LPG connections
Here are some problems that rural women undergo due to the practice of traditional cooking:
- Respiratory issues
- Back Pain
- Lung Cancer
- Ocular diseases
- Spinal problems
- Cardiovascular diseases, etc.
These are some serious health threats that women went through with the conventional cooking method.
The scheme has another objective to eradicate air pollution and do some good for the environment. It encourages Indian rural households to embrace the LPG cylinders without worrying about the expenses.
Now, the government of India has announced its new version PMUY 2.0, under which an additional amount of 1.6 crore LPG connections will be provided to migrant households.
Eligibility of PM Ujjwala Yojana 2024
The eligibility for the new version is as follows:
- The applicant should be a woman.
- The applicant should be over 18 years of age.
- The applicant should not have any other LPG connections issued under her name.
- Adult women who belong to any of the following categories – SC, ST, Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (Gramin), People residing in Islands and River Islands, enlisted under SECC Households (AHL TIN) or any Poor Household as per 14-point declaration, Most backward Classes (MBC) Antyodaya ANNa Yojana (AAY), Forest dwellers, and Tea and Ex-Tea Garden tribes.
Document Required to Apply for the Scheme
To ensure a smooth process, make sure you have all the following documents with you when you go for applying for the scheme:
- Aadhar Card
- Ration Card issued by the state
- Know your customer status
- Identity Proof ( Voter ID)
- Bank Account Passbook
- Active Mobile number
- A passport-size photograph of the applicant is a must.
Application Process for the PM UY 2024
You can visit your nearest CSC center to apply for the scheme with all the documents required. Or you can go through the following online process:
- Step 1: First of all, Visit the official website of the PM Ujjwala Yojana https://www.pmuy.gov.in/.
- Step 2: Now, a new page will appear on your screen, here click & apply for New Ujjwala 2.0 connection
- Step 3: Now, fill in your Aadhar card number and the mobile number under which your Aadhar card is registered.
- Step 4: Scroll down below and click the option “Send OTP”
- Step 5: Now, a One-time Password will be sent to your submitted mobile number. Submit the OTP on the interface.
- Step 6: Then you will be asked to fill in your details such as name, address, etc.
- Step 7: Click the Submit button and complete the application process. Make sure you check your details once more before clicking the submit button.
What would you get as PM UY beneficiaries?
Under the scheme, the beneficiaries will get three things that are given below:
- Free LPG Connection
- Free LPG cylinder
- Free cooking stove
There is another yojana that provides subsidy on an LPG connection with the LPG connection you will also unlock the subsidiary yojana.
The government of India is moving forward with the motto of giving a better life to financially weak women, so they can overcome the major health issues they endure while cooking via traditional methods.
This is a great step towards empowering rural India that become strong with our rural women. So, utilize this scheme and stay healthy! Hope the above information is useful to you.
Go to investbihar Homepage To Get Relevant Content.